HAPPY HALLOWEEN! It is the 31st of October, and this calls for the one and only Halloween manicure! This year I did a more challenging ...

Halloween Sugar Skulls with Black-Red Glitter

01:49 Karise 0 Comments

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

It is the 31st of October, and this calls for the one and only Halloween manicure! This year I did a more challenging nail art look - the sugar skull. 


I had a coat of Chloe and Bella - White Out as the base and using a-England - Camelot for the blacks to draw the nose, eyes and teeth of the skull. Then using a range of colors (Sally Hansen - Fired Up, OPI - I Can't Cope-acabana, Sally Hansen - Bubblegum Pink, Kure - Carioca) to create dots for the eyes. I followed HannahRoxIt nail art tutorial for this!


I only drew on the skulls on my thumb and ring fingers as an accent design. As for the rest of the nails, I had a coat of a-Englad - Camelot and first with one coat of Barry M - Ruby Glitter. This polish has red and black glitter suspended in a clear base. To bring out the depth of this combination, I added OPI - Today I Accomplished Zero. TIAO is a small red glitter suspended in a sheer black base. 

This gave a really cool effect of darkening Barry M's Ruby Glitter and complimenting it so well. From far it does not seem obvious with the red glitter, however under artificial lighting, it looks very pretty indeed! 

However my intention was not only to be pretty, but also to mimic the bloodiness of the manicure to match up to the Halloween festivity.

I love this look a lot and am pleased with my restuls! I do feel my thumb design looked like a sticker - many of my friends that it was a sticker LOL!




Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Nails by Karise

0 comments: