Hi there readers! Today's mani is based on galaxies , whooooo~ First of all, let me start off with saying that I did try this mani a lo...

#31DC2014: Galaxies

20:00 Karise 0 Comments

Hi there readers! Today's mani is based on galaxies, whooooo~ First of all, let me start off with saying that I did try this mani a long time ago but failed horribly, hence I gave up (like I did with water marbling). 

However, this 31 day challenge gave me the opportunity and motivation to try out galaxy nail art again. I am proud to say, that I succeeded! YAY! I was really genuinely happy, HAHA! Look at the end result:


I think what I did right this time was that I teared up my make up sponge instead of just applying polish onto the original sponge. 

Firstly, I painted two coats of a dark navy blue with pretty silver glints (Seventeen - Navy Glint). Then I used the teared up sponge and white polish to create shapes of the nebula. 

After which, I went in to cover the white spaces with yellow, blue and pink. I used OPI - I Just Can't Cope-acabana, L.A. Colors - 63 and  L.A. Colors - 11, respectively.

Next, I was looking at my nail polish rack and my eyes set on F.U.N. Lacquer's Anna (swatch here). I then thought, why not include this awesome holographic blue-purple sheen to spice up the galaxy? I then sponged on some of Anna, and boy was there such a huge difference! Go back up to the mani and if you see any holo or purple sheen, it's Anna!

After that, I drew on some stars and dots with white acrylic paint. Lastly, I topped all with China Glaze - Fairy Dust. 

Pictured below are the polishes used in this mani! I didn't include the white polish, but if you want to know, I use Flormar's 370 (:


I hope you like this mani as much as I did! I am gonna try galaxy nails more often now!




Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Nails by Karise

0 comments: