It's the 12th of December which means two things; (1) my mid semester tests are overrrr (2) it is time for #nailartchallegedec! Tod...

#nailartchallengedec : Day 12 - Mistletoe

12:00 Karise 0 Comments

It's the 12th of December which means two things; (1) my mid semester tests are overrrr (2) it is time for #nailartchallegedec!

Today's challenge is mistletoe. I had to Google exactly how one looks like because in a hot country like Singapore with no seasons at all, I have no idea how a mistletoe looks like! Initially I thought a holly and a mistletoe is the same plant, but no I was wrong.

Here's a diagram to show the difference. Thanks to Google I got my facts right! With that let's move on to today's nail art.


I created a simple polka dots with a-England - Camelot as a black base and then I went in with some dots using a white polish first, then I went over with Charlie's Rad Lacquer - Peace Ain't Easy (swatched here).

As for the mistletoe itself, I dotted on four white dots then over with Peace Ain't Easy, near to my cuticle area and then drew on some leaves using a light green polish Essie - Navigate Her and then did some details with a darker green from Revlon - Trendy. 

I realised then that my black base was a bit bare and boring so I went added a touch of glitter using China Galze - Fairy Dust over the black without layering over the mistletoe.


I feel that this design is rather simple yet the sparkly-ness brings out the festive vibe! Did you know the difference between a holly and a mistletoe too? I wonder how many people actually mistook both LOL. Have a jolly day my readers~




Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Nails by Karise

0 comments: