Hey reader! This afternoon, I helped my friend Amelia do her nails for Chinese New Year. It is the year of the goat/sheep/ram in the Ch...

Chinese New Year Mani for Amelia

19:00 Karise 2 Comments

Hey reader!

This afternoon, I helped my friend Amelia do her nails for Chinese New Year. It is the year of the goat/sheep/ram in the Chinese zodiac calendar, so she wanted some sheep themed nails. We decided on simple stripes for the other nails.


For the ring finger, the base color is Barry M - Cyan Blue and the pointer, middle and baby fingers have a baby blue polish base in Flormar - 423.

The accent design, I used white and black polish with various sized dotting tool. I did the white fluffy body first then the black head and ears followed by two white beady eyes and the black legs. I think it is cuter that the sheeps are facing different directions!


The pointer, middle and baby fingers had a simple design. I drew using my Pure Color No 10 brush with black polish to draw a slightly curved black like almost halfway down the nail and then I used the same blue on the ring finger for the stripes. I then went back in with the black to thicken and cover up any blue polish on the line.


Leaving the funniest (or should I say cutuest?) design which is the sheeps again! It is a frontal view of the sheep and the more I look at them, the more it looks like a sheep with a fluffly hat that is worn in Russia or really cold places HAHA!

I blocked out almost half of the nail with a light grey polish Revlon - Pastel Punk and then went in with a big dotting tool and white polish to create the fluffy heads. And not to forget the eyes and the cute little mouth!


Tomorrow is the first day of CNY, wishing all Chinese readers a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Have a prosperous year ahead~ 


| Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | NailPolis | Bloglovin' | Reddit |

2 comments: