Hello hello! Today my manicure is inspired by one of my favorite childhood reads. My Dad introduced to me Roald  Dahl's books and...

#31DC2015: Inspired by a Book - Roald Dahl's Matilda

21:50 Karise 1 Comments

Hello hello!

Today my manicure is inspired by one of my favorite childhood reads. My Dad introduced to me Roald  Dahl's books and I loved it! I have always been a bookworm, I could sit on my bed, couch, chair whatever the whole day and just read. One of my fav stories from Roald Dahl is "Matilda".

It  became one of my classics must reads, alongside many other Roald Dahl stories. I even own a huge compilation of his stories in a pretty baby blue book, I wonder where it has gone now LOL. Probably hiding in one of the bookshelves! It's such a pity I don't get the chance to read as much as I want to now that I'm so busy!

Enough rambling, let's move into the nail art :D Here I have tried my best to replicate fonts on my small nails.


I sure had a hard time squeezing "Roald" on my nail vertically LOL. Anyway, I had on two coats of a baby pink using China Glaze "Something Sweet". The dark blue that I used for the font for "Matilda" and the background for Roald Dahl is OPI "Dating A Royal". 
As for the background for the title, I used Sinful Colors "Unicorn" a very pale yellow to draw a rectangle box aross my middle and ring fingers and then outlined with Sinful Colors "Black On Black". And of course, matte everything I used Wet N Wild "Matte Top Coat". Here's a close up shot of the mani.


What are some of your favorite books? Care to share some with me? :P


| Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | NailPolis | Bloglovin' | Reddit |

1 comment:

  1. I remember Matilda! Have you watched the movie version of the book?

    ReplyDelete