It's time for one of my fav things... pattern! Yeah, I do have a thing for 'em :P Today I am gonna be inspired by some tribal p...

#31DC2015: Inspired by a Pattern - Tribal plus Herringbone

21:50 Karise 1 Comments

It's time for one of my fav things... pattern!

Yeah, I do have a thing for 'em :P Today I am gonna be inspired by some tribal patterns that I have not done in like two years?!?! Well, it's time again! Plus some herringbone patterns too!

I had on two coats of piCture pOlish "Unicorn" and then added Glisten & Glow "HK Girl Top Coat" for a smooth surface to draw on the designs.


For the herringbone pattern, I simple drew on two lines on my nails. Then drew on slanted lines on alternate sides and then filling in alternating areas in black acrylic paint.

For the tribal design I started off with a triangle at the cuticle. Then I drew on some steps like pattern down the triangle and filled in with black acrylic paint. After which I first did the top designs. I drew two horizontal lines from the tips of the nails. On the upper area I drew slanted lines and the bottom I did some simple chevron designs. 

Then I created two slanted lines again outside the staircase like design and then leaving a gap, I drew a smaller triangle inside and filled it in. This design just came up to my head when I thought of tribal designs, turns out pretty cool!

Here's the close up macro shots! I do love how the base color peeks through so well with all the glitter showing through! I did add on Wet N Wild "Matte Top Coat".

Pretty much love love this design! Do you like it too? :P

| Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | NailPolis | Bloglovin' | Reddit |

1 comment: