Hi again my friends! Today I have a nail art for ya :) I used all four shades of OPI Sheer Tints in this manicure and black acrylic pai...

Checkered Triangles Nail Art (with OPI Sheer Tints!)

13:00 Karise 0 Comments

Hi again my friends! Today I have a nail art for ya :)

I used all four shades of OPI Sheer Tints in this manicure and black acrylic paint and a few brushes. To create the background later as shown below, carry on reading after this picture!


Firstly, always apply base coat. Then, apply two coats (or one if you're careful) of a white polish. Let it dry completely. I have found that 15 minutes is the safest timing. After that, take out your sheer tints. I started with the lightest color first (the yellow) and wipe both sides of the brush well until there is very very little product left. Then swipe lightly in a diagonal motion.

Next, carry on the same with the rest of the colors (red, blue then purple). Let it dry completely and then add a top coat on to smooth it all out! Then, grab your nail art striping brush and draw three lines down and accross (doesn't have to be three exactly, depends on how big your nail is!). You will end up with squares on your nails. Then, going in with a thin nail art brush (I used Pure Color No.10) choose random squares and paint a triangle like shown in the pictures. Remember to finish with another layer of top coat and you're done!



I apologize for such a word-heavy post! Would you rather I do some pictorials instead?




Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Nails by Karise

0 comments: