Hey there! On the 5th of December, a Friday night, the nailies marked down our calendars for this special meet up cum secret Santa gift...

Nailies Meet Up 2014 + Christmas Theme

16:00 Karise 1 Comments

Hey there!

On the 5th of December, a Friday night, the nailies marked down our calendars for this special meet up cum secret Santa gift exchange. If you have been following me from the early stages of my nail polish discovery, you would remember our very first nailies meet up LAST CHRISTMAS, read more here! Also if you're interested read our second gathering post!


We decided on the similar design for all of our Christmas themed nails. Thumb; freestyle, pointer & pinky; a plain color, middle; reindeer, ring; snowflakes. Just look at all of our creations above, all so cute and pretty! Let's take a look of a close up of each of our manis:


Thanks Priscilla for being the master collage-r for Nailies hehe!

We went to Ang Mo Kio Hub and had dinner at MOF and the food was not bad! I quite liked my beef don. Moving on to the highlight of the meet up - the gift exchange! I was actually Janice's secret Santa however she was unavailable last minute so I couldn't give my presents to her that day. It's okay, you'll get it in the mail, Janice ^^

And as a receiver, my secret Santa was the bubbly Karen! She got me Ciate cavier manicure set *gasps* I was stunned when I opened it! Thank you so much Karen :D Also, that cute little packaging beside the Sephora bag is Kathy's homemade brownies that she made for all of us! How sweet of her?! Also, I just tried it and it tastes delicious and yummy (Y) ! Here's also a group picture of us, hehe! It was nice seeing and knowing new members and catching up with the veterans HAHA!


Now, let's move on to part two of this post, my manicure! First, let's have a close up look :)


First up, the two plain colors I chose was a recent purchase from F.U.N. Lacquer called Secret. It is a sparse glitter in a sense that you cannot apply it like normal polish. You must dab on it every time you apply. Although the formula and application was disappointing, I still do adore the teal green glitter polish so very very much!!


As for the cute little reindeer, it was recreated from IG@ohmygoshpolish. She also has a video tutorial and how to achieve this cute design! I used China Glaze - Glistening Snow as the base color, then the reindeer I used Jior Couture - Coffee Run! and OPI - My Vampire Is Buff for the reindeer. As for the red nose I used Zoya - Kimber.


For the intricate snowflakes, I was inspired by IG@jarynails and it was the same snowflake that I did for #nailartchallengedec Day 5. The dark blue base is Jior Couture - I Can Azure You It's Fall and Catrice - Play It Blue.


Let's end this post with a really glittery note! Here I am posing with one of the Christmas decoration that my Mom got for the front gate! This was bought from Daiso, the two-dollar shop! I must say that I totally approve of this red-gold bling bow, so pretty~







Follow on Bloglovin Instagram Nails by Karise

1 comment: