We're almost halfway through April and today's prompt for the challenge is Ying Yang. In a few posts back I did one Ying Yang manic...

#GlamNailsChallengeApril - Ying Yang

21:50 Karise 1 Comments

We're almost halfway through April and today's prompt for the challenge is Ying Yang. In a few posts back I did one Ying Yang manicure with the symbols so this time around I thought I'd do another type of interpretation.

I went to read up more about Ying Yang and came across this table that shows what are the Ying and which are the Yang. So for example, hot represents the Ying and cold represents the Yang likewise, war and peace. I took these two sets of Ying Yang and translated them into a manicure. 

So as you can see, I drew on flames for hot and a snowflaIke for cold and then I drew on a gun representing war and the peace sign. 

For the flames, I had OPI "I Just Can't Cope-acabana" as the base and then using a nail art brush and Kure Bazaar "Juicy" I sketched out the shapes of a flame and then let it dry. Next I went in with black acrylic paint and drew on the inside of the orange color while also drawing some black out of the orange. For the snowoflake, I had on two coats of Nails Inc "Baker Street" and then using a liner brush, dotting tool and Zoya "Blu" I created a simple snowflake right in the middle of my nail.

As for the next pair, I followed the outline of a gun using black acrylic paint over a rather dull color which I used Zoya "Tove" . You might not notice, but the background of the peace sign was supposed to be a pastel marbled look, but it looks too washed out and white that you can't see it LOL :P Anyway I did use Zoya "Blu", Sinful Colors "Unicorn" and Essie "Fiji" and marbled the colors together. Once it dried I hand drew the peace sign with black acrylic paint.

I thought that this interpretation of Ying Yang was much more fun than the first one I did, what do you think?


| Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Pinterest | NailPolis | Bloglovin' | Reddit |

1 comment: